Prof. dr. Heleen Zorgdrager
Hoogleraar Systematische Theologie met bijzondere aandacht voor genderstudies
Download hier de folder van de studiedag "Godsbeelden en seksueel misbruik", 22 november 2017 aan PThU Amsterdam.
Download brochure TRANSGENDER, GELOOF EN KERK
Op zondag 6 augustus is tijdens de Trans Pride Kerkdienst in Amsterdam de brochure "Transgender, geloof en kerk" gepresenteerd. Auteurs: Carl Buijs (Transvisie) en Heleen Zorgdrager (PThU). U kunt de brochure hier downloaden: Transgender, geloof en kerk. Prakische gids voor geloofsgemeenschappen, pastores en andere naasten van trans*personen
De brochure is een uitgave van de PThU. U bent vrij om hem te verspreiden, in print te vermenigvuldigen of op eigen website van uw kerk of organisatie te plaatsen.
Personal introduction Heleen Zorgdrager
Hello, welcome on my personal webpage. I teach systematic theology and genderstudies, as well as mission studies at the Protestant Theological University (Amsterdam). My courses are on "Gender, Christ, Culture"; on "Introduction to Missiology"; on "Mission and Ministry"; on "Eschatology: Hope in the context of secularization", and on "Theology and Sexuality". Additionally, it is a pleasure and privilege to be an associate professor of the Institute of Ecumenical Studies, Ukrainian Catholic University in Lviv, Ukraine, and to teach the PhD Seminar Religion, Theology and Gender in the Netherlands School of Theology and Religious Studies: NOSTER.
The areas of my current research are:
- Theology, gender, sexuality
- religious meanings in life stories of transgender persons
- (homo)sexuality, gender, 'traditional values' in ecumenical dialogues, in particular with Orthodox churches
- Public theology from a feminist perspective
- the Pussy Riot Case: interferences of gender, religion, politics and arts
- political theology responding to the Maidan and post-Maidan events in Ukraine
- rethinking of protestant soteriology inspired by the tradition of theosis/ deification
My projects are embedded in the PThU research group Beliefs (Transforming Life) and in the interdisciplinary research groups "Transgender, Religion, Faith" and "Orthodox Kaleidoscope" (study of lived Orthodoxy).
I welcome potential Ma and PhD students, both from the Netherlands and abroad, especially those interested in issues of ecumenical/intercultural theology, dogmatic theology, gender, sexuality, politics. Please, feel free to contact me with your ideas and proposals (firstname.lastname@example.org).
I received my formation as a theologian in Kampen (NL) and Lutherstadt Wittenberg (former German Democratic Republic). My doctoral thesis was on Schleiermacher and gender. I practiced in the ministry as a student's chaplain in Leiden and as pastor of the Reformed church in Leersum. From 2005-2010, I followed the calling for an international responsibility and worked as a program manager of Kerk in Actie, Protestant Church in the Netherlands, in the field of mission and ecumenical cooperation in Central and Eastern Europe. Part of the job was teaching at the Institute of Ecumenical Studies in Lviv, Ukraine - it has become my second home base. Since 2010, I am privileged to belong to the staff of the Protestant Theological University, initially in Leiden and from 2012 in Amsterdam.
To share my passions with others, I contribute as an active member to
-- the Reference Group on Human Sexuality of the World Council of Churches
- the Theology Network of the World Communion of Reformed Churches
- Interkerkelijk Besturen Overleg - Seksueel Misbruik in Pastorale Relaties ( interchurch administrative commission to address sexual abuse in pastoral relations)
- the Advisory Board of The Journal of Eastern Christian Studies
and several other academic boards and networks.
Published at Vallentine Mitchell, January 2017:The Jews of Lemberg; A Journey to Empty Places