You can apply for the international Master of Theology programme if you meet the following requirements.
- You possess an accredited Bachelor’s degree in Theology or a related field of study of a recognised academic institution. The degree must be comparable to a Dutch research-based Bachelor's degree.
- You have a good command of English, to be demonstrated by:
- an IELTS score of 6.0
- a TOEFL test score of 550 (paper based test) or 80 (Internet based test)
- a TOEIC test score of 670 for listening and reading and score of 290 for speaking and writing
- a Cambridge English First (FCE) - Grade B (scale 173 - 175) score or First (FCE) - Grade C (scale 169 - 172) score
- You have completed at least 6 ECTS of course load in biblical studies, systematic theology and practical theology at a research-based bachelor's level. One ECTS is to be compared with a study load of 28 study hours.
- When applying for Old Testament or New Testament studies: you have a proven bachelor's level of Hebrew or Greek. For Hebrew this means a study load of at least 15 ECTS, for Greek a study load of at least 20 ECTS (15 ECTS normal Greek studies and 5 ECTS NT Greek).
Do I need to take an English language test?
You will always need to provide us with the results of an English language test, unless:
- you are a native speaker and a citizen of a country where English is the only official language, and you have completed a full secondary education in a country where English is the only official language
- you have completed a fulltime bachelor programme (at least 3 years) in one of the following countries: Canada, USA, UK, Ireland, New Zealand, Australia
Is my degree sufficient?
The comparability of your degree is verified by consulting distinctive independent sources.
For questions related to the admissions requirements, please contact: