Are you applying for admission to the Master of Theology programme? Then you can also apply for one of the available scholarships: the PThU Scholarship, the Holland Scholarship and the Van der Veen-Schenkeveld scholarship. You should simultaneously apply for admittance to the programme and one of the scholarships. Scholarship applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you have been accepted to the programme, we will let you know if your scholarship has been awarded. This will be around 1 June.
Each year a limited number of (partial) scholarships offered by the Protestant Theological University are available. You can apply for a scholarship by sending a letter addressed to the Board of the Protestant Theological University before 1 April. Candidates are selected by means of the following criteria:
- They are admitted to the international Master of Theology programme of the PThU.
- They are preferably under 35 years of age.
- They display academic excellence.
- They have a convincing motivation.
Furthermore, the university looks for a balance with regard to gender, region and theological specialisation.
Scholarship applications should be sent by e-mail to email@example.com.
The Holland Scholarship is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science, and Dutch research universities and universities of applied sciences. The scholarship is meant for international students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) who want to do their bachelor’s or master’s in The Netherlands. The EEA consists of the EU countries and Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.
Are you ready for the chance of a lifetime? Apply for the Holland Scholarship!
The scholarship amounts to € 5,000. The scholarship will be paid to you in instalments by the Protestant Theological University after arrival in The Netherlands.
- You must hold the nationality of one of the non EU/EER member states.
- You must not have lived in Europe for more than twelve months over the past five years.
- You must never have studied in the Netherlands, except as an exchange student for 1 or 2 semesters.
- You should have applied for admission to the international Master of Theology (in depth) programme of PThU.
- Candidates should have an excellent study record and a particular commitment to their field of study and its ongoing development.
- You must write a motivation letter in which you make clear why you are the right candidate for a Holland Scholarship at the Protestant Theological University.
How to apply
You can apply for the Holland Scholarship at the Protestant Theological University until 1 May. You should send your application form and motivation letter for the Holland Scholarship Programme at PThU to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Van der Veen-Schenkeveld scholarship for promising female African theologians
This (full!) scholarship is named after the Dutch theologian Marja van der Veen-Schenkeveld, who supported the theological training of African women. The scholarship is provided for applicants undertaking a one-year Master's programme at PThU.
To be eligible for this scholarship the student should meet the following criteria:
- She must be admitted to the international Master of Theology programme of the PThU.
- She must be female.
- She must be a native of an African country.
- She should preferably be under 35 years of age.
- She should have an excellent study record and be committed to furthering the cause of African women.
You can apply for a scholarship by sending an email addressed to the Board of the Protestant Theological University before 1 May.
Your scholarship application can be sent by email to email@example.com.
There may be other scholarship available, globally as well as in your home country. More information is listed on the NUFFIC website (Netherlands Organisation for International Co-operation in Higher Education).