Your tuition fee for the 2021-2022 academic year is € 2.168 if you are a citizen of the EU, EEA, Turkey or Surinam. If you are a citizen from any other country, your tuition fee is € 3.996. The fee can be paid before the start of the academic year (1 September) or in (ten) instalments. There are also other costs involved that you need to take into account.
- Visa and residence permit application fee: € 615.50 per year (if applicable)
- Housing application fee: € 108.90 per year (if you need our support to find accommodation)
- Insurance application fee: € 36.30 per year (if you need our support to book a basic health and liability insurance)
- Application fee: € 145.20 per year (for all admitted students)
Costs of living
- Monthly costs of living: € 400 (approximately)
- Monthly costs of accommodation: € 350 – € 550
Further study related costs you need to consider are:
- Travel to the Netherlands and back to your home country
- Travel in the Netherlands (Schiphol Airport – Groningen and return): € 50.60
- A basic health and liability insurance: € 500 per year (approximately)
- Thesis correction costs: € 500 per year (on average)
Looking for a scholarship? Read our information about scholarships.