FAQ coronavirus and PThU

For as long as the COVID-19 pandemic lasts, the PThU will closely follow the advice of the Dutch National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM). We synchronize our approach with our partner universities: Vrije Universiteit in Amsterdam and Rijksuniversiteit Groningen in Groningen. New information can be found on this page.

  • Education

    We acknowledge both the seriousness of the corona pandemic and the importance of face-to-face meetings for academic and professional formation. Our education will always take place in accordance with RIVM guidelines. However, the current situation allows us to hold our lectures and classes on site: some at our own facilities, others at alternative locations. This is subject to change depending on the developments concerning COVID-19 in the Netherlands.

  • Research

    All employees can work from home or on location. When working on location, we will keep to the 1.5 metre regulation, which means less work- and study places are available. Employees are therefore asked to register for a workplace. To make sure working from the office is available to everyone, we ask employees to work no more than half their weekly hours at the office.

  • Library

    Because the reading rooms are closed, the physical library collections of the PThU are not available. Study workplaces are available only upon reservation. For questions about library services during the corona crisis, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.

Visit RIVM site for most recent information

RIVM is monitoring the situation in the Netherlands and has created a Frequently Asked Questions page about the corona virus. Here you can find the most recent information about the spread of the virus and the current regulations. 


If you still have questions after reading the information on this page, and if you are a student or employee of the PThU, please contact us:

  • Students: Annemarie Goosens  
    • Availability by email: studieadvies@pthu.nl
    • Availability by phone: +31 20 59 847 36
  • Students abroad and for international travel advice: Albert Nijboer 
    • Availability by email: a.s.nijboer@pthu.nl
    • Availability by phone: +31 20 59 846 69
  • Employees: Margot Hinderink, HR-advisor
    • Availability by email: hrm@pthu.nl
    • Availability by phone: +31 6 22 45 39 04

Frequently asked questions and answers

Answers to requently asked questions will be updated with new information where available.

  • Travel

    The Ministry of Foreign Affairs issues travel advisories to inform Dutch citizens who want to travel abroad about the security situation at their intended destination. The PThU advises those travelling abroad to take careful note of the advisories. 

  • Prevention

    PThU follows the advice of RIVM for public health and the advice of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (in Dutch) for travel abroad. 

    What should I do if I think someone might be infected with corona virus?

    Recommend to this person to seek contact with his or her general physician by phone, as soon as possible.

    What should I do if I have been in contact with someone who might be infected?

    If you have concerns or questions, please contact your general physician by phone as soon as possible.

  • Other

    I'm not sick, but have to stay home to take care of a sick child or sick partner.

    Contact your direct manager and explain the situation. Perhaps it is possible to (partly) work from home. Another possibility is to use short-term care leave because of illness of child or partner. Please contact HR for this option.

    I am experiencing discriminating behaviour because of the corona virus. What can I do?

    PThU does not accept discrimination. Please report discrimination to your direct manager, the director or the board. They will take action. You can also contact our school councelor.

Government information 

The  Dutch government has created a number to call with questions about the corona virus: 0800 - 1351. International information can be found on the website of the World Health Organisation.

Travel advice

Students and employees who are set to travel abroad in the near future are advised to consult the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (in Dutch) for current travel advice. Does study or work require you to travel to a land or region with a negative travel advice because of the corona virus? Employees are asked to contact their direct manager for advice. 


Cookies help us improve your experience on our website. Functional cookies contribute to a smoothly running website. Analytical cookies provide us with insight into how users use the website. Marketing cookies allow us to offer you personalised content based on your website visit.