dr. S.J.M. Sierksma-Agteres
New Testament / historical theology
Previous Research and Teaching Positions
- 2012 - 2017 PhD Candidate (aio) at University of Groningen
Research project funded by The Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research, on the use and meaning of the Pauline concept pistis (‘faith’, ‘trust’, ‘trustworthiness’, ‘persuasion’, ‘loyalty’) and cognates, in light of ancient philosophical sources. The project is part of an overarching project together with the philosophy department of Radboud University Nijmegen: ‘Over-coming the Faith-Reason Opposition: Pauline pistis in Contemporary Philosophy’.
- 2009 - 2012 Teacher Classics at Visser ‘t Hooft Lyceum Leiden and at Kalsbeek College Woerden
- 2012 - 2023 PhD Theology (New Testament and Ancient Philosophy) at University of Groningen
- 2008 - 2012 Master Classics and Ancient Civilizations at Leiden University (cum laude)
- 2010 - 2012 Bachelor Theology at VU University Amsterdam (cum laude)
- 2003 - 2008 Bachelor Greek and Latin Languages and Cultures at Leiden University
- 1997 - 2003 VWO (gymnasium) at Carmel College Salland and Baudartius College Zutphen (cum laude)
Other Professional Experience
- 2011 - present Graphic designer at Vormenwereld
- 2008 - 2009 Assistant of a political party in the provincial administration of South-Holland
- 2007 - 2008 Elected member of the University Council of Leiden University
- 2007 Guide in the Roman Age at historical theme park Archeon, Alphen aan de Rijn
- 2004 - 2005 Receptionist at the Netherlands Institute for Art History, Den Haag
- 2022 - present Curator (board member) of the Mr. G. Groen van Prinsterer Foundation, the academic think tank of the political party ChristenUnie
- 2021 - present Editor of Soφie, bimonthly journal on Christian Philosophy
- 2017 - present Member of the board of Pro Religione et Libertate, a foundation that supports initiatives which preserve and actualise Christian thought and cultural heritage
- 2011 - present Preaching in church services of the Nederlands Gereformeerde Kerk
- 2015 - 2018 Member of the advisory board of the biweekly church magazine Onderweg (NGK/GKV)
- 2011 - 2016 Editor and Editor-in-chief of Radix, a multidisciplinary quarterly journal on questions concerning faith, science and society.
- 2010 - 2017 Kernbewoner (‘Core resident’) at Timon Woongroep Leidsche Rijn, Utrecht, a residential community in Utrecht, inspired by Christian ideals, with the double aim to enjoy the benefits of communal life and to provide a home and a stable social network for six young adults who have gone through difficult times.