Prof. dr. P.M. Wisse
Professor of Dogmatics
Dogmatics / ethics
I'm involved in various research projects:
- The hermeneutical consequences of canonical Bible uses. What happens when people read a book as a holy text? What sort of rules do they apply and how are these rules justified? This research resulted in my PhD thesis, but is pursued again in the study of the reception of the Bible (particularly the Gospel of John) in later times.
- The question of so-called ‘Christological exclusivism’ and the possiblity of an alternative in terms of a systematic theology that finds its criterion in the interplay between the Decalogue and God's revelation in Jesus Christ.
- Themes from the history of theology, primarily the history of Reformed scholasticism. This resulted in various articles and a collection of essays.
- The theology of Augustine in conversation with contemporary Trinitarian theology. This resulted in a monograph on Augustine's De Trinitate.
- The theology of the Lord's Supper, especially the way in which theologies of the Lord's Supper interact with practical Christian spirituality. This is an area where I pursue empirical research.