- Dr. Kevin Yuill starts as researcher at PThUFrom October 16 to December 2, 2021, Dr Kevin Yuill, an associate professor at the University of Sunderland in the field of modern American history, will reside at PThU as a Research Fellow. Yuill is a guest as part of the Moral Compass Project (MCP), in particular the section 'The ethics of euthanasia and assisted suicide'.
- PThU to investigate legacies of slavery in the churchThe Protestant Theological University (PThU), in collaboration with several researchers from the VU, is starting the study 'Church slavery history'. The central question of the research is how slavery has played a role in the church.
- Bridging Gaps 2021 takes offAfter two years of waiting, we have finally taken off: at the end of August, students from all over the world started their three-month Bridging Gaps programme in Amsterdam. Because the world is still in the middle of a pandemic, it was unclear if everyone would be able to make the trip to the Netherlands, but since mid-September, the group is all here.
- PThU welcomes Dr. Chris Scharen as research fellowDr. Chris Scharen will be joining PThU as Research Fellow from 4 to 29 October 2021. Dr. Scharen is a specialist in the field of practical theology, in particular ethnographic research. During his stay as a guest researcher, he will work on his research on slavery.
- Opening academic year is end and beginning of an era for PThUWith the departure of inspiring leader Mechteld Jansen on September 3, an era came to an end. At the same time, the PThU stands at the beginning of a hopeful new era with successor Maarten Wisse, who wants to reinvent theology with the PThU. During the opening of the academic year, the departing and starting rector held stimulating speeches.
- PhD defence: Community as MissionBerdine van den Toren-Lekkerkerker will defend her PhD thesis Community as Mission. The Church Mission Society as Gift and Call in an Individualised and Globalised World.
- Research into LGBTI+ inclusivity gives all European churches homeworkHow LGBTI-inclusive are European churches? The Protestant Theological University was asked to investigate that question in 2019 by the European Forum of LGBT Christian Groups. Heleen Zorgdrager and Rein Brouwer then looked at the inclusiveness of 46 European churches. Tomorrow they will present the results of their research and a number of "steps forward".
- Prof. Dr. Maarten Wisse appointed new PThU rectorProf. Dr Maarten Wisse will be the new rector of the Protestant Theological University as of the academic year 2021-2022. On Wednesday evening, April 21, the General Synod of the Protestant Church in the Netherlands expressed agreement on his appointment as rector. Wisse succeeds Prof. Dr. Mechteld Jansen, who held this position for seven years. The transfer of the rectorship will take place on 3 September during the opening of the academic year in Amsterdam.