- PhD defence: Community as MissionBerdine van den Toren-Lekkerkerker will defend her PhD thesis Community as Mission. The Church Mission Society as Gift and Call in an Individualised and Globalised World.
- Research into LGBTI+ inclusivity gives all European churches homeworkHow LGBTI-inclusive are European churches? The Protestant Theological University was asked to investigate that question in 2019 by the European Forum of LGBT Christian Groups. Heleen Zorgdrager and Rein Brouwer then looked at the inclusiveness of 46 European churches. Tomorrow they will present the results of their research and a number of "steps forward".
- Prof. Dr. Maarten Wisse appointed new PThU rectorProf. Dr Maarten Wisse will be the new rector of the Protestant Theological University as of the academic year 2021-2022. On Wednesday evening, April 21, the General Synod of the Protestant Church in the Netherlands expressed agreement on his appointment as rector. Wisse succeeds Prof. Dr. Mechteld Jansen, who held this position for seven years. The transfer of the rectorship will take place on 3 September during the opening of the academic year in Amsterdam.
- African theology worldwide website launchesOver the last three years, Benno van den Toren, Sam Bussey, and Bosco Bangura have worked hard together as a team at the Protestant Theological University to build the website African Theology Worldwide. Developed in collaboration with scholars and librarians in Africa and around the globe, African Theology Worldwide is a new and developing, freely accessible online platform for African Christian Theology.
- Food in Times of Crisis: Emergency Relief Provided by Churches in Amsterdam Zuidoost during the Covid-19 PandemicBefore the Covid-19 crisis, churches organized many activities in De Nieuwe Stad in Amsterdam Zuidoost, including serving free meals for everyone who wanted them. When this was no longer possible because of the Covid-19 measures, the international church, Treasures International Ministries, and Diaconie Evangelisch Lutherse Gemeente Amsterdam decided to work together and start delivering meals to people’s houses.