- Opening Academic YearAt the start of the 2020-2021 academic year, the PThU will open the year with a festive gathering in the Martini Church in Groningen. The event can host a maximum of 100 people because of corona measures. We will also livestream the event on YouTube.
- Playing on with God: mini symposium and book launchFor ten years now, in the week leading up to Easter, the music and theatre spectacle 'The Passion' has been performed and broadcast on TV by EO and KRO-NCRV. Every year with other Dutch celebrities in the leading role. How does precisely this public spectacle show how faith in Dutch society has changed? Dr. Mirella Klomp followed 'The Passion' for ten years and analysed how the Christian story of suffering gained a new place in society. The results of this research were published in the book Playing on. Re-staging the Passion after the death of God.
- Symposium: Building Bridges towards a more Humane SocietyIn 1994, the Bridging Gaps programme (formerly Breuken en Bruggen or Puentos y Roturas) started. 25 years later, over 250 students from 40 countries belonging to various denominations have participated in the programme. This online symposium aims to celebrate and share some of the outstanding contributions of former participants to the field of contextual theology.
- Webinar 'Context and catholicity in the science and religion debate'Does the dominance of the Western perspective limit the further development of the science and religion debate? In this webinar, Klaas Bom and Benno van den Toren will discuss this question in relation to their recently published book Context and catholicity in the science and religion debate. Intercultural Contributions from French-speaking Africa (Brill, 2020). They argue for an intercultural approach to the interface between science and religion.
- PhD thesis defense Trimargono Meytrias EbenheserFriday 4 December 2020, 11.00 h, Trimargono Meytrias Ebenheser will defend his thesis Interfaith Marriage. A Study of Contextual Church Polity in the Religiously Plural Context of Indonesia.