- PThU starts first edition of Initial Graduate School in GroningenThe first edition of the Initial Graduate School (IGS) started at the PThU in Groningen last week. The IGS started with twenty participants from Africa, Asia, and Europe.
- Off to Oxford: PThU students' blogEight PThU students visited Oxford last March to join the student community of Wycliffe Hall for a few days of theological study. Gert and Annatoli (1 March), Jeremiah and Anne-Maaike (2 March), Rose and Rebecca (3 March) and Alladi and Billy (4 March) wrote their day-by-day experiences down in a blog.
- Meet new Senior Researcher Dr. Bosco BanguraOn July 1st, 2019, Dr J. B. Bangura (Bosco) has started working at the Beliefs department of the PThU in Groningen as a Senior Researcher, African Pentecostalism and Migration in Flanders & the Netherlands. Read on as he introduces himself.
- Call for Papers - PThU and Stellenbosch consultation 29-30 October 2019This fall the Stellenbosch Univerity organizes a conference in collaboration with the PThU. It will take place on 29 and 30 October 2019, in Stellenbosch, South Africa. You are invited to submit a proposal for a paper at the consultation, on a topic within the range of the theme: Building home, changing homes, evaluating home: A critical engagement with theological methodologies.
- € 5,000 scholarship for exceptional master studentsEducations.com is offering a € 5,000 scholarship to one ambitious Master’s student studying abroad in Europe in the fall of 2020. The scholarship will be awarded to an outstanding leader that is motivated to positively change the world.
- Bart-Tagung 2020: Call for Papers38th Karl-Bart-Tagung gets a new format. English will be the main language and anyone interested in contributing a paper connected with our theme is welcome to send a proposal.
- Course about Jerusalem unites Christian, Jewish and Muslim studentsSome 20 students from different European study programs and from a wide range of backgrounds, including Muslims, Jews and Christians, participated in the first summer school on “Jerusalem and the Three Religions” taking place at the Protestant Theological University of the Netherlands (PThU) in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
- Global Christianity website project forms African editorial boardPThU professor dr. Benno van den Toren and doctoral student Sam Bussey have formed an African Editorial Board following a consultation in February in Nairobi, Kenya. The board consists of several leading experts in their field. They will be contributing to the website on African Christian theology that is being built through the Global Christianity Website Project.
- PhD Sergei Lagunov at Protestant Theological UniversityThursday 14 februari 2019, 15.45, Sergei Lagunov will defend his thesis Following the Traces of the Serpent in the Old and New Testaments and the Early Jewish Interpretation: Genesis 3:1-15 in Light of Its Reception History. The ceremony will take place in the aula of the VU/Vrije Universiteit, De Boelelaan 1105, Amsterdam.