Research Fellowship Programme Call for proposals – spring and autumn semesters 2022
The Protestant Theological University offers two Junior Research Fellowship positions for the year 2022, one in the spring (January – August 2022) and one in the autumn. The maximum duration of each fellowship is 1 month. This call is open for researchers who obtained their PhD no more than 5 years before 1 October 2021.
- Contribute to the internationalisation of research at the PThU
- Foster structural research cooperation with (strategic) partners in the framework of the main research foci of the PThU: Moving Identities and Mediating Good Life.
- Strengthen the international profile of the university
- Contribute to the development of research and research foci at the PThU
- Encourage international co-publication of articles and other joint research output
- Enrich and deepen the intercultural dimension within the education and training programmes of the university Information about the research foci of the university.
What do we offer?
We offer international research fellows the opportunity to study in a wellfacilitated research environment and to be part of the inspiring academic community of our institution.
As a research fellow you will be able to do research at the PThU in Amsterdam or Groningen. During your stay you will have access to all necessary research facilities of both the PThU and its academic partner institutions, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam and the University of Groningen. Furthermore you will be part of our research community and get involved as much as you’d like. You will also be invited to staff meetings and you are welcome to participate in all kinds of academic activities like expert meetings, seminars and conferences, organised at our institution.
The PThU covers all housing and travel expenses for selected research fellows. Applicants must however be able to cover their own living expenses during their time at the PThU. No payment will be provided for participation in research activities or the delivery of courses.
What do we ask for / expect from you?
Besides contributing to one or more of the above-mentioned programme objectives (please refer to them explicitly in your application letter) it is our desire that you embrace as much of the PThU experience as you can during your visit. We also expect you to share your knowledge and expertise with the PThU students, faculty, and community as a whole (through activities like a master class, public lecture, guest lectures, or participation in an expert meeting, etc.).
Publications that result from the research done in Amsterdam or Groningen should name the Protestant Theological University and the period of residence in Amsterdam or Groningen. A copy of the publication should be sent to the Board of the university and your academic host. Visitors are also requested to provide a brief written assessment of their time (one to two pages) at the university to the board of the university following their period as a research fellow.
Flight, visa and insurance
It is the responsibility of the research fellow to apply for a visa (if needed). An invitation letter for this purpose can be asked for to the research support department of PThU. It’s also the responsibility of the research fellow to buy its own medical and liability insurance.
The faculty host, an academic staff member of PThU, will guide you as a research fellow on an informal basis during your time at the PThU. Such hosting may include: welcoming at the airport, an invitation home for a meal and fellowship, a tour of the university and availability to answer questions and give advice about the PThU and the cities of Amsterdam and Groningen. Together with the host you will also work on a programme for your stay at the university. Based on the individual situation, hosting may include more than what is noted here. The research fellow should feel free to turn to his/her host if there are any questions, concerns or problems.
Interested individuals should send a motivated application letter for a position as junior research fellow to the Board of the PThU. Attached to this letter the following documents are expected:
- A motivated recommendation letter of the host (an academic staff member of the PThU)
- A brief plan of research and teaching activities for the time to be spent at the PThU
- A C.V., including a list of publications 4. A letter of support of the home institution Please send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline of 1 October 2021.
You will be informed about the decision of the Board before 1 November 2021.
For further information, feel free to contact our research support team: email@example.com.