Summer school and student trips
IRTI organises summer schools biennially. The next summer school will take place in 2025. If you are interested in participating, please contact the secretary, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Past Summer Schools
The most recent IRTI Summer School was held from 3 until 7 July 2023 in Amsterdam on the topic ‘The Calling of the Church in Times of Polarization’. The Summer School was hosted by the Protestant Theological University and Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam and co-organized by:
- New Brunswick Theological Seminary, USA (NBTS)
- Sárospatak Reformed Theological College, Hungary (SRTA)
- Debrecen Reformed Theological University (DRTU)
- Reformed Theological Faculty of J. Selye University, Komárno, Slowakia (RTFS)
- Protestant Theological Institute, Cluj Napoca, Romania (PTI)
- Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, The Netherlands (VU)
- Protestant Theological University, The Netherlands (PThU)
About 40 students and staff members from Hungary, the Netherlands, Romania and the US participated in the Summer School.
The IRTI summer schools are a continuation of a longstanding tradition of summer schools organized by IRTI partner NBTS every two years in the Netherlands.
Past student trips
In 2014 and 2015 IRTI supported the international study trips of students from the joint bachelor program in theology of the Protestant Theological University (PThU) and Faculty of Religion and Theology of Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam to Debrecen (Hungary) and – together with students of the Debrecen Reformed Theological University – to Novi Sad (Serbia) and Sarajevo (Bosnia and Herzegovina). These intensive international and ecumenical experiences included student conferences, ‘mini’ internships, visits to churches and social organizations, lectures and several opportunities of informal contact between students from different cultural backgrounds, but with a shared Reformed tradition.